Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Still alive

hey all, I know it has been quite a while since my last post. I am still alive, though I will admit that there have been a few times in the last couple weeks where I'd rather I hadn't been. Work has been rather trying of the last few months, however we've just had our old manager leave (Thank you) and a new manager take over (crosses fingers). So far I've worked with the new manager for 1 day, and he said the right things, so maybe this is the start of a good change. Here's hoping.

I haven't been totally in-active on the model front, but I haven't been quit as active as I would have liked to have been. Most of my hobby involvement for the last twp months has been the working on the Knight of Blood in frantic spurts roughly once a week and a Gundam Model Project that was all encompassing for a few days. I will be talking about both in the near future.

In addition to all of that, I reached a point of annoyance that I had to deal with. See I have a fairly sizable selection of hobby tools, and while I have a fair amount of storage space for those tools, the space isn't especially well laid out for their storage. In short, while I've been putting tools back in the same place, that same place doesn't actually make it easy to find the tool later. The pin vise doesn't exactly jump out of a drawer that has saws, scribbers, sculpting tools, cutters, wire snips, rulers and clamps in it for example. So I pulled all of my tools out and have been working on building a new tool wrack to my tools, or at least the majority of my more commonly used tools. I'm also building some new equipment for the purpose of videos I'm intending to make over the next year.

I'm not finished building any of these things yet, and as I'm waiting for a few shipments to come in, it's highly doubtful I'll have them built by the end of the week. It does give me some stuff to talk about in the coming days though.

In the mean time, for those of you who use Facebook you can check out several albums detailing some of my recent hobby work below, be sure to follow me while you're there. For those of you who do not use Facebook, feel free to check out my Photobucket albums.

Facebook albums:

Photos of my efforts to construct a 35 year old model kit. As an added bonus this is also my first attempt at real work with an airbrush.
Posted by The Resurrected Hobbyist on Sunday, May 10, 2015


Converting a Knight Titan to be used as a Counts as Lord of Skulls in my Chaos Space Marine Army. The entire project is going to involve a scenic base with Fiber optics in the eyes of the Titan.
Posted by The Resurrected Hobbyist on Friday, December 26, 2014

Photobucket Albums:



0 comments:

Post a Comment