Friday, June 14, 2013

Some busy work... sort of

Okay, so I got a little bored and started rooting around my bitz boxes. I ran across a pair of Dark Vengeance Terminators and some Forge World Ultramarine terminator shoulder pads. So I thought "Hey why not? I'm a good converter. I bet I can convert these Dark Angeled Termies into Ultramarine Termies.

Here is the first one. I had to carve down the shoulder so it would allow the Forge world shoulder pad to fit on it.
 added an ultramarine shoulder pad

I had to rebuild some detail around the chainfist
 The chainfist was adorned with very Dark Angel-ly iconography so it had to go. Only problem was that same iconography was laying across the cable going to the chainfist so I had to re-craft that lost segment. I used a segment of wire with the insulation cut into segments. Surprisingly it worked out really well.

I converted the Dark Vengence Terminator to be an Ultramarine
The assault cannon armed terminator was a bit more of a challenge.  The amount of small details on the model made it difficult to effect any change quickly and I found myself having to work very slowly over an extended period of time for little noticeable change to the model. The best example of this approach is the feathers that had previously hung under the body of the assault cannon. I didn't want to have to rebuild the under carraige of the cannon so I went for a minimalist modification and only removed what I had to. In this case the feathers on the cannon. I decided to keep the hanging skull as decoration. 

For the moment I am leaving the hanging sword icons between the legs (that sounds like a dick joke just waiting to happen) simply because I can't easily remove them with out being forced to replace them with something else. Which I may do. I might add some purity scrolls or perhaps a different tabard.

The Dark Vengence terminator with the Ultramarine shoulder pad

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! Just use the "dangling swords" as an armature for a GS tabard sculpted over them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know you can shorten your links with OUO and make cash for every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete